#ArmchairBEA2014 Wrap-up

Design by Nina of Nina Reads
  You guys. I didn't want to write this post. I don't want ABEA to be over. This was my first ABEA, and I've fallen in love with this event! I have enjoyed this week with you all so much. I've always been the shy introvert. If we're being honest, that's why I didn't take the plunge and go to BEA this year. I could have made it happen. But I was so afraid of going by myself with barely knowing anyone. The regret, you guys. This week with ABEA has really helped me connect with more bloggers and open up. So, thank you. All of you. This has been an incredible week!


  My favorite topic of the week was definitely Beyond the Borders. I discovered so many diverse books. My TBR list is taking over the world at this point. I loved writing my post for the event, too. It was so good to speak on a subject that is so close to my heart. See my plea for more LGBT YA books and see a short list of my recommendations here.

  But most of all? My favorite part of this week was connecting with you guys. The Twitter parties have been awesome. I'm not an outgoing person, but I anticipated each of those chats. I'm always lurking on Twitter, so don't be afraid to say hi. (Because I obviously will be too afraid to say hi first.)

If you haven't entered my giveaway yet, what are you waiting for?! Go now! I have something for both US and INT!

  If you're set on going to BEA next year, let's keep in touch. I'm already starting to make plans for going. But I'm so nervous about going and not knowing anyone. So. Let's all keep in touch and be awkward and shy together next May together. Even if you're not going, let's still keep in touch. Okay? Okay.

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad to have met you this week. Loved your post for beyond the borders.

    I am the same way, very shy and introverted and that is why, chances are even if I could have gone to BEA this year, I never would have made it. I would have had a massive freakout before I ever even got to the airport!

    Lisa @Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad it's over, too :( I'm glad I found your blog through it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is just too cute! I love it~ I'm glad you had fun and plan to go to BEA next year. I too don't go places because of my loner status but if fellow blogger friends ends up going, I'll definitely take that chance!

    ~Ki
    Doing Some Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, it was so much fun. I don't think I can get off work to go to BEA, but I'll look forward to meeting all my ABEA friends again.
    Visit me at Emerald City Book Review 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve had so much fun visiting all the blogs on Armchair BEA. This is my first year and I’ve had such a good time that I plan to come back next time. I’ve added a ton of books to my TBR list as well as added a lot of book friends on twitter, goodreads, and bloglovin. Thank you so much for participating and making it a great first year for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun. I had a good time at the Twitter parties, too. Wow, talk about fast and furious. Glad you had fun. It is a bit sad that it will be over after the party tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a lot of fun hopping from blog to blog and meeting so many different people. I wish you luck and hope that you do get to BEA next year. I'll get there, one of these days, too.
    AH@badassbookreviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nailed it my friend! Hopefully I can arrange to go!!

    Gillian at bookmusings.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...